The ski schools in Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis offer interesting snowshoe hikes in the region with a trained guide telling you all about the flora, fauna and history of the area.
Take it easy on holiday in Tyrol
Alpine skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing and freeriding are all well-established as winter sports, but new activities such as winter hiking and snowshoe hiking have also been experiencing a boom in the past few years. Little wonder if you consider the benefits: fresh mountain air, healthy exercise and the chance to escape the hustle and bustle of the slopes.
Try something different on holiday and swap the busy pistes for the peace and quiet of the Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis plateau's forests and meadows. The region has an extensive network of winter hiking trails just waiting to be explored.
Enjoy the magnificent landscape
- Relatively flat trail with spectacular views
- Countless mountains over 3,000m on the horizon
- Hike from one village to another
- 1.5 hours walking time from Serfaus to Fiss
- Highlights along the trail: huts, pavillion, hammocks
Walking in a winter wonderland
- 1.5km winter hiking trail
- Start at the Kinderschneealm
- Circular route around the reservoir
- Information stations explaining the history of skiing in Serfaus
- Reward: chill out in the recliners and hammocks
In the region's sports shops visitors can hire snowshoes and the other equipment required for winter hiking. The perfect way to explore the winter landscape without having to buy any of the things you need.
Explore the landscape on foot
Pull on your hiking boots and head out into the snow! The Lechleitner looks forward to welcoming you to the Hotel DreiSonnen. Get in touch for a non-binding offer, or book online.